Mission San Francisco de Asís in San Francisco, also called "Mission Dolores". In the older picture from 1906 there is still a brick church in neo-Gothic architecture on the right, which was built in 1876 and replaced an older manor house. It was destroyed in the same year by an earthquake, while the significantly older chapel from the end of the 18th century survived unscathed. In 1913-1918 a new church was built next to the chapel, now known as the Mission Dolores Basilica. It was supplemented with baroque ornaments in 1926 and is still standing today.
Before picture: Courtesy of opensfhistory.org (picture no.: wnp37.02909). Photographer unknown