Chapel of the Mission San Francisco de Asís, also known as "Mission Dolores", at the beginning of the 20th century and today. It is the oldest surviving building in San Francisco. The chapel was built between 1782 and 1791 and has survived almost unchanged over time. To the left of the chapel is a small cemetery (the oldest in San Francisco), of which a few tombstones can be seen in the old picture. It originally stretched over several blocks.