The Münster Town Hall during reconstruction works in October 1952.The original building was probably constructed before 1200 and has been expanded several times over the centuries.The building was largely destroyed in the Second World War. The foundation stone for the reconstruction was laid in 1950, which was completed in 1958. Today it is considered one of the most important secular Gothic monuments and is one of the main attractions for tourists in Münster.
Courtesy of the Münster City Archives (Photo Collection No. 19294)