5/5

Place du Caire

Cairo Place

© Stéphane Passet, Musée Albert-Kahn
FRA near Paris

Fetching images...
nwolpert published on 04/05/2016 7:04 p.m. :
nwolpert

The Place du Caire in 1914 in the 2nd arrondissement near the Grands Boulevards. The neighborhood was built around 1798, when Napoleon led his Egyptian campaign, and therefore named after the Egyptian capital.

At that time there were still merchants for company signs ("enseignes") and a boulangerie, which are now replaced by accessoir- and clothing stores. The two advertising columns, typical of the old Parisian cityscape, were removed in 2006 under great protest. In addition, a urinal ("vespasienne"), as it was common in Paris until the 20th century, is to see on the left.

Tags

    No tags available.
Show more

Aufrufe

35

Fetching images...