Le Grand Rex is a Parisian cinema on Boulevard Poissonnière, next to the metro station Bonne Nouvelle. The architecture is inspired by American film palaces, it was built in 1931 and opened in 1932. During World War II, it was requisitioned by the German occupiers and served for entertainment of the soldiers, who watched propaganda films approved by the Nazi regime. During this time, it was renamed "Soldatenkino" (Soldier's Cinema).
Today it is one of the flagship cinemas of Paris, particularly known are the large previews with visits of the film teams.