Mr. Francis Whitmore built his house at the corner of High and Spring Streets in 1887. It was reported in January that the house was to be a Queen Anne style, 23 x 36 feet on the floors and two stories high with basement. In May, the two-family house was nearing completion, Mr. Whitmore to occupy one half and rent out the other side. In November, the house was finished and Mr. E. E. Bradbury occupied the second apartment. Mr. Whitmore ran a boarding stable for horses.