Prominent Belfast merchant, Charles Prescott Hazeltine , built his house at the corner of Cedar and Park streets in 1874. Plans were drawn by Boston architect George M. Harding. At some point the upper section of the tower was removed, it was replaced with a similar style tower in the early 2000s. The "Then" photo was published in 1903 for Illustrated Belfast. The plans for the doors and windows are now part of the Belfast Museum's archives.