Historical View of the Old Town Dorsten, Essener Straße, seen from the market in 1930. None of the original building survived the bombing raids in World War II. On the left at the corner of the Essener Straße was located then as now the jewelry store Kohle, which was founded in 1875 by Josef Kohle and today is owned by the family of the same name. The corner house, which was acquired in 1891 by the founder and which fell victim to the bombing in March 1945, was rebuilt after the war. Right next to it were located a baroque house and the shops of Tenberg (cigars) and Drecker (watches).