5/5

Ezelpoort

Unknown author
BEL near Brugge

Fetching images...
nwolpert published on 11/30/2022 5:55 p.m.:
nwolpert

The Ezelpoort was built during the construction of the second ring of ramparts in 1297. It was rebuilt in 1369 to a new design by Jan Slabbaerd and Mathias Saghen, who were also responsible for the construction of the Boeveriepoort and the Smedenpoort. Various alterations were carried out between the 14th and 17th centuries. The lower section of the brick gate is authentic, but the old medieval gate was much higher. The original appearance of the gate was significantly altered in the 17th century, following the removal of the top part of the structure.
(cited from www.visitbruges.be)

Tags

Show more

Visitors

22

Nearby before-and-after pictures


Fetching images...