View of the Seine river during the 1900 Paris World Fair. On the right side of the one can see the right bank of the Seine, where the "Vieux Paris" was located. The "Vieux Paris" was a selection of temporary buildings erected for the occasion and designed to give the visitor an idea of what the city would have looked like in the Middle Ages.
The buildings to be seen in the picture were part of the Renaissance quarter. Very striking is the tall building with the two towers ("Le Grand Châtelet"), whose style dates back to the time of Louis XII. (1462-1515).
As only survivor of the world exhibition of 1900 remains the pedestrian bridge "Passerelle Debilly".