Foreign pavilions at the 1900 Paris World Fair. The "Rue des nations" (Foreign Nations street) was located on the left bank of the Seine river, between the Eiffel Tower and the Esplanade des Invalides. It housed most of the foreign pavilions at the Fair (some were also located in the Trocadéro gardens, on the other side of the river, and in front of the Eiffel Tower). The buildings on that image are (from left to right): the Ottoman pavilion, United States' pavilion, the Austrian pavilion, Bosnia-Herzegovina's pavilion, the Hungarian pavilion, the British pavilion, the Belgian pavilion, the Norvegian pavilion, the German pavilion, the Spanish pavilion and the monegasque pavilion. Both the Eiffel Tower and the Trocadéro palace are visible in the background of the picture.