Place du Théâtre in Dijon at the beginning of the 20th century and 2021. The square is named after the adjoining theater (here on the left in the picture), which was built in 1889 in neoclassical style. At that time there was still a tram running here; from 2013 the square was partially converted into a pedestrian zone (like large parts of the old town). In the center one can see the Saint-Michel church with its impressive Renaissance facade. On the right one can see the former church of St. Etienne, which at the time of recording housed a trading exchange ("bourse du commerce"). Today there is a city library and a museum about the sculptor Francois Rude.