5/5

Saint-Brieuc - Place du Martray

Saint-Brieuc - Place du Martray

© Photo R.Binet
FRA Saint-Brieuc

Fetching images...
IciJako published on 12/21/2020 10:31 p.m.:
IciJako

Saint-Brieuc Place du Martray 1910/1920 (environ) et 2020.
Au premier plan de l'ancienne carte postale, on voit à droite l'entrée de la halle à la viande et aux fruits, qui disparaitra en 1933.
En face, la rue Saint-Jacques et ses maisons à pans de bois des XVe et XVIe siècle, démolies en 1934. C'était la rue la plus riche de la ville au milieu du XVème.
Vous pouvez y apercevoir, derrière l'enseigne "Cycles", d'abord la maison dite des Doublet, puis le grand Hôtel Saint-Georges, dont on a retrouvé des vestiges lors de fouilles récentes sur la place de la Grille.
La partie gauche de cette rue, conservée, est aujourd'hui un des côtés de la place de la Grille, l'immeuble visible en face en est un des angles.

Saint-Brieuc Place du Martray 1910/1920 (approximately) and 2020.
In the foreground of the old postcard, we see on the right the entrance to the meat and fruit hall, which will disappear in 1933.
Opposite, the rue Saint-Jacques and its half-timbered houses from the 15th and 16th centuries, demolished in 1934. It was the richest street in the city in the middle of the 15th century.
You can see there, behind the "Cycles" sign, first the so-called Doublet house, then the Grand Hôtel Saint-Georges, vestiges of which have been found during recent excavations on the Place de la Grille.
The left part of this street, preserved, is today one of the sides of the Place de la Grille, the building visible opposite is one of the angles.

Tags

Show more

Visitors

9

Nearby before-and-after pictures


Fetching images...