5/5

Germanistisches Institut

Germanistisches Institut

Unknown author
DEU Halle

Fetching images...
tomil_de published on 08/16/2020 4:51 p.m.:
tomil_de

Seit 1863 wird an der Universität Halle auf dem Gebiet der Agrarwissenschaften geforscht und gelehrt. Die Agrarwissenschaften nahmen ihren Anfang in der Villa von Ludwig Wucherer (p Kat. 21). Das von dem Universitätsarchitekten Rudolf Steinbeck konzipierte Lehrgebäude nahm neben Hör- und Praktikumssälen auch Labor- und Sammlungsräume, die Bibliothek sowie die Direktorenwohnung auf. Die stilgleiche Erweiterung von 1897 folgt der sparsamen Bauzier mit Schmuckrillen und gequaderten Fensterbereichen.
Die Giebel im Dachbereich sind heute verloren. Das hier noch zu sehende zweigeschossige Haus mit Satteldach wurde 1912 / 13 abgetragen.
Stattdessen errichtete man in der Formensprache des Neoklassizismus einen Erweiterungsbau mit aufwendiger Fassadengliederung und repräsentativem Skulpturenportal, in dem heute das Germanistische Institut untergebracht ist.
Ab 1951 gab es, erstmals an einer deutschen Universität ein Institut für Landwirtschaftliche Technologie und Vorratspflege. Die spezielle Gaslagerung von Obst geht auf Forschungsarbeiten an diesem Institut zurück.
2009 / 10 zog der Bereich Agrarwissenschaften um auf den Campus Heide-Süd.

Research and teaching in the field of agricultural sciences has been carried out at the University of Halle since 1863. The agricultural sciences began in the villa of Ludwig Wucherer (p cat. 21). The teaching building designed by the university architect Rudolf Steinbeck accommodated lecture and practical rooms as well as laboratory and collection rooms, the library and the director's apartment. The extension of the same style from 1897 follows the economical decoration with decorative grooves and square window areas.
The gables in the roof area are lost today. The two-storey house with a gable roof that can still be seen here was demolished in 1912/13.
Instead, an extension was built in the form language of neoclassicism with an elaborate facade structure and a representative sculpture portal, which today houses the German Institute.
From 1951, for the first time at a German university, there was an institute for agricultural technology and stock maintenance. The special gas storage of fruit goes back to research work at this institute.
In 2009/10, the agricultural sciences department moved to the Heide-Süd campus.

Tags

Show more

Visitors

14

Nearby before-and-after pictures


Fetching images...