The Rue Gambetta with the church of Saint-Porchaire in Poitiers, around 1900 and today. At that time, in the houses next to the church were shops for sporting goods, leather goods and photography; today candy shops.
The church dates to the end of the 9th century, of which only the western building is preserved, which extends over three floors with windows and arcades. Above the entrance rises a round arch resting on Romanesque capitals. With its Romanesque gate tower from the 11th Century, the church towers high out of the pedestrian area.