Parc Monceau in the 8th and 17th Arondissement of Paris, probably around 1900. The park was founded at the end of the 18th century by Louis-Philippe-Joseph, a cousin of Louis XVI. He led the garden be designed in English style, characterized by a playful layout, curvy paths and rather randomly placed statues. This set him apart from the more traditional French gardens. In the 19th century, it was significantly reduced and expanded into a public park.
Today the park is a popular green oasis for the inhabitants and one of the most beautiful green areas of the city. Still today there are still small bridges, artificial ruins and waterfalls. The surrounding district is very prosperous.