The Embarcadero de Mineral el Hornillo

© unknown
ESP Águilas

Fetching images...
Lena published on 02/15/2017 9:13 a.m.:

The Embarcadero de Mineral el Hornillo was inaugurated in August 1903 as a wharf for ore shipment. Its English engineer Gustavo Gillman aimed to increase the railway system which connected the towns of Aguilas, Lorca and Baza as well as boost the production of the local mines.
The name of the structure originates from the bay where it is located: El Hornillo. The wharf is made completely out of steel and concrete and can handle two ships simultaneously. It was closed only recently.


    No tags available.
Show more



Nearby before-and-after pictures

Fetching images...