The former Royal Government Building, designed by Berlin Oberbaurat Zastrau, built 1893- 1896 by Regierungsbaumeister Baltzer and since then served as the seat of government. It lies at the Kanzlerwall, today Heger-Tor-Wall. The architecture is based on design elements from the Renaissance and Baroque. The sandstone facade is symmetrical and dominated by a raised central section with corner towers, curved gables and tower domes. Today the building serves as the seat of the police department.