Pirnaischer Platz 1943

Pirna Square 1943

© Walter Hahn
DEU near Dresden

Fetching images...
KopterAlex published on 06/20/2024 9:11 a.m.:
KopterAlex

Der Pirnaische Platz gehörte einst zur Toranlage der historischen Stadtbefestigung. Mit Schleifung der Stadtmauer und dem Abriss der Toranlage um 1821 entwickelte sich der großräumige Platz mehr und mehr zum Verkehrsknotenpunkt. Kaum ein Bereich der Stadt hat, nach der Bombardierung Dresdens und dem Wiederaufbau, sein Erscheinungsbild so stark verändert. Heute passieren täglich um die 60.000 Fahrzeuge den Platz.

Pirnaischer Platz was once part of the gate system of the historic city fortifications. With the demolition of the city wall and the demolition of the gate system around 1821, the spacious square increasingly developed into a traffic junction. Hardly any other area of the city has changed its appearance so much since the bombing of Dresden and the reconstruction. Today, around 60,000 vehicles pass through the square every day.

Tags

    No tags available.
Show more

Visitors

91

Nearby before-and-after pictures


Fetching images...