5/5

Eglise Baillet-En-France

Church Baillet-En-France

Unknown author
FRA Baillet-En-France

Fetching images...
Alexime published on 10/20/2019 4:18 a.m.:
Alexime

Datation : 1529 - XIXe siècle

Gui, évêque de Mégare, procède à la dédicace de cette église le 14 septembre 1529.

La construction de cet édifice semble avoir été faite en trois époques au moins :

- le chœur qui paraît le plus ancien et pourrait donc avoir été la chapelle des seigneurs d'O.
- la partie après le chœur, qui se distingue par un abaissement sensible de la voûte, et la tour, qui se raccorde au pseudo bas-côté, pourraient être les aménagements apportés à la chapelle pour en faire une église paroissiale.
- le porche est manifestement plus récent, c'est un ajout du XVIIIe ou du XIXe siècle.

La reproduction de la Vierge orante, au fronton de l'église, est une pâle imitation d'une mosaïque de Ravenne ; elle a été exécutée depuis le début de ce siècle, elle ne figure pas sur les cartes postales anciennes. La restauration des vitraux date de 1986.

Un tableau en bois peint sur les deux faces, peut-être le panneau d'un tryptique, est conservé dans l'édifice. Il représente Saint Martin en polychromie d'une part, et un saint évêque en noir et ivoire d'autre part.

La cloche qui rythme nos journées est une très belle cloche de bronze qui a survécu par miracle aux réquisitions multiples de métal qui ont eut lieu à travers les âges, à la décrépitude du clocher et aux agressions des déjections acides des pigeons. Elle est d'un vert bronze profond et magnifique. A ce jour, son acte de baptême n'a pu être retrouvé. Les cloches étant rituellement baptisées, avec parrain et marraine, elle porte le nom de Martine.

L'inscription qui figure sur la cloche de l'église rappelle les circonstances de sa fonte et de son baptême :

"L'an 1601 je fus faicte et suis nommee Martinne par hault et puissant Sgr Mr Jacques Do chevalier gentilôme de la chambre du Roy sr de Franconville et Baillet en France et St Martin av Tertre et dame Anne Lvillier son espouse"

Dating: 1529 - 19th century

Gui, Bishop of Megara, proceeds to the dedication of this church on September 14, 1529.

The construction of this building seems to have been done in at least three epochs:

- the choir which appears the oldest and could thus have been the chapel of the lords of O.
- the part after the choir, which is distinguished by a significant lowering of the vault, and the tower, which connects to the pseudo-aisle, could be the arrangements made to the chapel to make it a parish church.
- the porch is obviously more recent, it is an addition of the eighteenth or nineteenth century.

The reproduction of the praying Virgin on the pediment of the church is a pale imitation of a mosaic of Ravenna; it has been executed since the beginning of this century, it does not appear on the old postcards. The restoration of stained glass dates from 1986.

A wooden picture painted on both sides, perhaps the panel of a triptych, is preserved in the building. It represents Saint Martin in polychrome on the one hand, and a holy bishop in black and ivory on the other hand.

The bell that punctuates our days is a beautiful bronze bell that has miraculously survived the multiple requisitions of metal that have taken place through the ages, the decrepitude of the bell tower and the assaults of the acid droppings of the pigeons. She is a deep bronze green and beautiful. To this day, his baptismal certificate could not be found. The bells being ritually baptized, with godfather and godmother, she bears the name of Martine.

The inscription on the church bell recalls the circumstances of its melting and baptism:

"The year 1601 I was made and am named Martinne by hault and powerful Sgr Mr Jacques Do knight of the room Roy Roy de Franconville and Baillet in France and St Martin av Tertre and Anne Lvillier his wife"

Tags

    No tags available.
Show more

Visitors

39
Lena wrote on 10/27/2019 2:47 p.m. :
Lena

Good work! Thanks for sharing!

Good work! Thanks for sharing!


Fetching images...