Long before the Connecticut Post Mall was built, this land was a seed lab testing ground. In 1954, the seed company sold its land to Sol Atlas for the construction of the Connecticut Post shopping center. There, in 1960, Stop and Shop supermarket became not only the first store to open its doors for business, but also became the largest supermarket in Connecticut. The mall was enclosed in 1981. The lower level tunnel that was used as delivery platforms became the first of two floors that now together make up over 150 retail shops, including the food court and a 15-cinema theatre.
Impressive change! Thanks for sharing!