5/5

Künstlerhaus München

Künstlerhaus Munich

© Kartensammlung der Osterreichischen Nationalbibliothek
DEU near Munich

Fetching images...
Stefan_M published on 10/07/2017 11:58 a.m.:
Stefan_M

Eröffnet 1900 durch den Prinzregent Luitpold.
Die Synagoge wurde 1938 zerstört.

Opened in 1900 by Prince Regent Luitpold.
The synagogue was destroyed in 1938.

Tags

    No tags available.
Show more

Visitors

168
Lena wrote on 10/07/2017 4:17 p.m. (edited on 04/15/2019 3:52 p.m.) :
Lena

Klarer Fall von: war früher schöner!

Clear case of: was earlier beautiful!

Stefan_M wrote on 10/08/2017 7:05 a.m. (edited on 04/15/2019 3:52 p.m.) :
Stefan_M

Das ist wahr. Mit dem Verlust der Synagoge vor und den angrenzenden Bauten im Krieg hat der Bereich seinen Charme wohl ziemlich eingebüßt. Das Gebäude liegt direkt am Altstadtring, und auf 5+4 Spuren donnern die Autos vorbei! Vielleicht hat man deshalb die Terrasse im ersten Stock zum Wintergarten eingeglast. Gemütlich im Freien sitzen konnte man da wohl nicht mehr.
Zitat Wikipedia: "Das Grundstück der alten Hauptsynagoge wurde 1999 an den Arcandor-Konzern verkauft, der so sein benachbartes Warenhaus Oberpollinger erweitern konnte. Der Verkaufserlös von 20,5 Millionen Euro wurde in den Bau des Neuen Jüdischen Zentrums auf dem Jakobsplatz investiert, das am 9. November 2006 eröffnet werden konnte."
Besagtes Warenhaus ist der wenig ansehnliche bunkerartige Block im Hintergrund links.

This is true. With the loss of the synagogue in front of and adjacent buildings during the war, the area has lost its charm pretty much. The building is located directly on the Altstadtring, and on 5 + 4 tracks the cars thunder past! Maybe that's why the terrace on the first floor has been added to the conservatory. You could not sit comfortably in the open air.
Quote Wikipedia: "The property of the old main synagogue was sold to the Arcandor Group in 1999, which was able to expand its neighboring department store Oberpollinger.The proceeds of 20.5 million euros was invested in the construction of the New Jewish Center on the Jakobsplatz, on the 9th November 2006. "
Said department store is the unattractive bunker-like block in the background on the left.

Lena wrote on 10/08/2017 7:46 a.m. (edited on 04/15/2019 3:52 p.m.) :
Lena

Danke für die zusätzlichen Infos, sehr interessant!

Thanks for the additional information, very interesting!


Fetching images...