5/5

Horse cart and steam locomotive at Mont-St.-Michel

© Frank Spencer Presbrey
FRA Le-Mont-Saint-Michel

Fetching images...
Lena published on 11/18/2016 10:18 a.m. :
Lena

The Mont Saint Michel is inhabited since the 8th century. In 1879, the island was connected via a street with the mainland. Between 1901 and 1939 a steam engine was driving parallel to the street. In 1944 the tracks were removed.

2014, a new bridge as well as a hydraulic dam were constructed to prevent silting-up of the bay.


Fetching images...