5/5

Theater Osnabrück

© Historische Bildpostkarten - Universität Osnabrück
DEU near Osnabrück

Fetching images...
nwolpert published on 09/05/2016 11:14 a.m. :
nwolpert

Osnabrück Theater at dome court, probably in the 1920s or 30s. The original design for today's art-deco building dates from the Dresden architect Martin Dulfer. 1905 Mayor Julius Müller layed the foundations on the southern side of the dome court. In 1909 the construction of the theater was completed with the support of many citizens of Osnabrück.

During World War II, the theater building was severely damaged by bombing on March 25, 1945. The foyer has been preserved, although it was blackened. From 1949, the theater was rebuilt; in the following decades, it has been converted into two sections. 1971 a new foyer was added, also the interior has been changed. Further structural changes in the style of the time were started in 1985 and finished 1987.

With kind permission of www.bildpostkarten.uos.de.

Tags

Show more

Aufrufe

42

Fetching images...